| Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:13 am
Ok, let's try to figure out what your solution means :
- First, you'll have to define 12 spawn points per group where only a subset of them, 6 actually, will be used.
- Second, once we have spawn point position, the direction. How to be fair with 4 axes ?
- Third, after that, you'll probably want to see teams/players equally spread among "spots" (some sumo maps have 2, others 4). So when you have 6 teams, you'll have 3 teams per spots on a 2 spots map, 2 teams per spots on a 4 spots map.
Of course, all this depend on different parameters: spawn group size, nb of axes, number of spots, ...
Actually spreading players/teams among spot is quite simple.
Deducing the correct spawn point to use from a group of 12 (or any other value) is not more complex.
- map designer will have to handle all these spawn points manually.
- due to the number of axes, having the spawn points equally distant is still "completely" fair.
Well, you can still ask dev team to implement your idea. I'm not sure you'll be able to convince them the effort required, even as low as it seems, will worth the expecting improvement, and the unexpected side effects (like adding complexity to map making) ...
Show me a fair set of spawn points (including directions) for 3 players which can be generalized and I'll be pleased to implement it ...