Register  |  Home  |  Chat   |  ArmaBrowser  |  HowTo  |  Wiki  |  ServerStats  |  Donate  |  Forum  |  MapTools  |  Servers  |  Log in 
Forums
Information Desk
Latest News
Round Table
Servers
Trainees
Challenge us!
Off Topic

Clan Information
Public Clan Information
Active CTers+Trainees
All CTers+Trainees
Inactive CTers
CTers Earth Map
CT Groups
CT Medals
Armahacktron Wiki
Forum Ranks
Won/Lost Battles

Servers and Maps
ArmaBrowser
BFC New Ladder
CT Server Ladders
CT Mayhem Ladder
CTWF New Ladder
CT Server Maps
Flower Power Sumo Assault
Map Tools
Want to help? Donate

Jumble
Home Forum
Calendar Chat Messenger IRC
Forum Members
Links FAQ
News View Online

Search

Advanced Search

User Block
Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Reply to topic
 Any Comments? 
Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Server Tech
Honorary Member
Ladle, 1x (Amount: 1) Map Maker (Amount: 1)
CT Rank: Not Ranked
Field's place: sweeper
Grid Name: ct-eddie
GID: ed@ct/jedi
CT Wild Fort Rank: na
The Crazy Tronners Wild Fortress has been up a while now. It has 18 maps with random rotation on all of the levels except chico levels (I'm working on a new chico level, but being circular they're not easy to make).

If you have found a flaw in an existing map, or see an improvement that can be made, please post here. Or if you think a level is crap or good.

If you have a new map or just a map idea, please post here. I'd like a new original map to take over one of the chico levels (do we need 2 per match?) but am running out of idea's.

Most of all, have fun.

Ex-CTer
CT Rank: Not a CTer
Field's place:
Grid Name:
GID: Not working
CT Wild Fort Rank:
Massive chico sumo would be fun. Just a circular ring, about the size of regular chico, with start positions facing each other (to prevent total death of team by one newbie on the outside). Possibly slow down the fortress takeover time, so that if it's 5v4 the one team has a chance to make a kill.

Anyways, I'm posting about the CT spoon server. Be nice if there was no players per team limit, ie: anyone can join any team, regardless of the number of players. Also be nice if new players were spectators when they joined the game. Not sure if that's were the spoon games are being held, but yah... Ohh and the cvs '/teamshuffle' option with both negative and positive values.
View user's profile Find all posts by Robed Send private message Visit poster's website
 Win Zone 
Crazy Tronner
Honorary Member
Donator (Amount: 1)
Field's place: support
Grid Name: CTX3V1
GID: xevic@ct/jedi
Can be changed to a death one?
View user's profile Find all posts by xevic Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Server Tech
Honorary Member
I'm happy to change it to a dz for the spoon fortress, I'd prefer it that way.
But it's really up to the opponent. Officially it's a wz.

I have tried to change the team balancing on the spoon server, it might work now, need more people to test it. This shouldn't be a problem in a match as teams will be equal.

It's not as current as the csv spoon which has extra features:

http://forums.armagetronad.net/viewtopic.php?t=3236&highlight=

you can shuffle starting positions there, which could be handy.
Should we play there?

Crazy Tronner
Honorary Member
About massive sumo: can't be, we try, but if teams aren't balanced it is a fast finish... And if we can't make individual players because all maps are team play... But perhaps we can make a team sumo just quiting the fortress zones and make a "to death battle", on chico, octa or where ever u want....

About dz: i post on arma webs about this possible change, i wait 4 their response.

CUIG.
View user's profile Find all posts by xevic Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Ex-CTer
Field's place:
Grid Name:
CT Wild Fort Rank:
Might want to ask if we could to avoid extra work (and focus on Wild fort Very Happy), but I was thinking if you got the chance, to patch teamshuffle support to your current spoon server build.

BTW, the death zone on Hourglass chico is way off (dono about regular chico, but i think it's the same), I waited for about 1 minute after it came, and it was still barly visible, I think death zone chico end game would be crazy Razz maybe put it just to the left of the 'tunnel' so there's still a few seconds to cross over to the other side.
View user's profile Find all posts by Robed Send private message Visit poster's website

Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Server Tech
Honorary Member
Both Wild Fortress and CT Spoon run off the same server. So whatever I do to one will effect the other.
Since CVS is a test release (that needs rebooting every couple hours) I'd rather stick with the 2.8.1 release. It's very stable.

It is easy enough to shuffle around, if you go into specator mode and rejoin, you are put at the outer edge of the starting lineup.
(I think this is the case, if not let me know).

And I'll fix the dz on chico hourglass, I need to modify all maps with new settings, bump them up a version, then update my map rotation script accordingly. There's 18 maps there now, so this'll take time that I don't have right now.

If you have any other tweaks you think ought to be made, let me know.
Other changes to be made:

cycle start speed on mini and nano will be less.
on the diamond levels the first point dead ahead is nasty if you're the middle man, do something to this

Crazy Tronner
Honorary Member
Field's place:
Grid Name: CT~Kg
GID: King@ct/senior
I have an idea for a new type of gameplay (maybe).
There has to be a thing (for example a flag) in the map what you have to "pick up" and then the others have to hunt you. If you get killed the flag (excample) can be picked up by an other player again.
And to finish you have to carry the flag for maybe 1 minute.

Sorry about my bad english.
View user's profile Find all posts by King Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger

Crazy Tronner
Honorary Member
Can be funny, but i think can't be with actual release.

Ex-CTer
Field's place:
Grid Name:
CT Wild Fort Rank:
Yes, your talking a server modification to do that. I'm sure if you made it, the code would be merged into the official cvs, but it still be a while before you could use that, unless you built the app from source.