Register  |  Home  |  Chat   |  ArmaBrowser  |  HowTo  |  Wiki  |  ServerStats  |  Donate  |  Forum  |  MapTools  |  Servers  |  Log in 
Forums
Information Desk
Latest News
Round Table
Servers
Trainees
Challenge us!
Off Topic

Clan Information
Public Clan Information
Active CTers+Trainees
All CTers+Trainees
Inactive CTers
CTers Earth Map
CT Groups
CT Medals
Armahacktron Wiki
Forum Ranks
Won/Lost Battles

Servers and Maps
ArmaBrowser
BFC New Ladder
CT Server Ladders
CT Mayhem Ladder
CTWF New Ladder
CT Server Maps
Flower Power Sumo Assault
Map Tools
Want to help? Donate

Jumble
Home Forum
Calendar Chat Messenger IRC
Forum Members
Links FAQ
News View Online

Search

Advanced Search

User Block
Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Reply to topic
 Yesterday on Bombs Server 
Crazy Tronner
Honorary Member
CT Rank: Not Ranked
Field's place:
Grid Name: CT~Kg
GID: King@ct/senior
CT Wild Fort Rank: na
Yesterday i played on bombs server. First i have to say that this server is fantastic.

We were about 5 peoples playing and then a player joined the game. He was not playing bad but he was kinda helping the opponents to win and he changes his name to any of the other players names.
For example he was changing to god, the to [CT]ThE KiNg and so on.
I changed my name then very fast and tried to kick him but i could not.

My question is: Is there a possibility to ban such peoples IP? We kicked him and the real god yesterday because we had no other chance but thats not a good way.

cuig
View user's profile Find all posts by King Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger

Crazy Tronner
Honorary Member
Donator (Amount: 1)
Field's place: support
Grid Name: CTX3V1
GID: xevic@ct/jedi
As u know with name stealing is really hard to make a proper moderation, the only thing we can do is make a permanent ban of the ips, but to do that is needed they have a fix one and take note of it when playing or soon direct from server (just ed can do that).

Crazy Tronner
Honorary Member
Grid Name:
GID: Shadow@ct/senior
CT Wild Fort Rank:
We had these days a polimorph facker on the CT servers meaning a guy who change his name to the name from one of the other players, make some teamkill and then request a kick for the user before changing is name again. Result three people was kicked before all the newbie read me when I ask them to not kick anymore and I was full busy to check who is the facker cause he change his name really fast. I was feeling that I was fighting against everybody and we finally kick him when he badly choose to take my nickname. This guy is dangerous not really cause one or two guys are kicked (even me) but because I saw him three times now and only on CT servers (Wild, bomb). I'm affraid that if he continues like that some people will prefer play on others servers.

If you meet him, please ask all players to not kick anymore (cause they will kick a good guy). If he's game doesn't work he will probably leave the server frustrated (I hope).

BTW, what about the CT immunity. You know... The magic pass phrase...

~ Shdow ~

Crazy Tronner
Honorary Member
Yes, last night alf was kicked because of him, he told me on messenger, we have to catch his ip and bann him forever.

Crazy Tronner
Honorary Member
Grid Name:
GID: Shadow@ct/senior
CT Wild Fort Rank:
who also need to find him, then make a virtual trap and let him alone in one hidden map forever without anyway to leave it. His mind will become upset and explode.

Rolling Eyes Personnal note: Maybe should I stop to watch Matrix two times per week... Yes, good idea myself... Thx, myself...

~ Shdow ~

Crazy Tronner
Honorary Member
Not a bad idea, but what about takin him to a paral.lel dimension closing him in a crystal like in superman?

Note to myself, stop watching Smallville and Superman movies Razz

Oh! and what about the Hell's Abism (i don't know if this the correct translation...), why do we not lanch him to the "lava" (firerocks?) ? Razz

Another personal note: left drugs.....

Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Server Tech
Honorary Member
Ladle, 1x (Amount: 1) Map Maker (Amount: 1)
Field's place: sweeper
Grid Name: ct-eddie
GID: ed@ct/jedi
As Xevi said, unless he has a static ip there's nothing we can do.

It is a known flaw in the tron servers and is being looked into. some kind of username/password system to log onto the servers.

I personally would like to pickle him in vinegar, put him in a bottle and display him in the Crazy Fortresses.

btw. Do you know his original username he logged on as, I can check the logs, find his ip and see if we may track him down - it might match a known username.

Ex-CTer
CT Rank: Not a CTer
Field's place:
Grid Name:
GID: Not working
CT Wild Fort Rank:
Might be a way to prevent 'name change spaming' in server settings. Not sure though, just a guess...

You could always add a line to your tail script to count up name changes from an ip, and send a ban command to everytime.cfg but that be alot of work :/

Crazy Tronner
Honorary Member
Field's place:
Grid Name: CT~Kg
GID: King@ct/senior
His name was something with "ka" at beginning i think and he was in the server when the folliwing peoples were playing:

O2GO, god, joda.bot, me and someone else i think.
It was yesterday at about half past 5 pm.
View user's profile Find all posts by King Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger