Register  |  Home  |  Chat   |  ArmaBrowser  |  HowTo  |  Wiki  |  ServerStats  |  Donate  |  Forum  |  MapTools  |  Servers  |  Log in 
Forums
Information Desk
Latest News
Round Table
Servers
Trainees
Challenge us!
Off Topic

Clan Information
Public Clan Information
Active CTers+Trainees
All CTers+Trainees
Inactive CTers
CTers Earth Map
CT Groups
CT Medals
Armahacktron Wiki
Forum Ranks
Won/Lost Battles

Servers and Maps
ArmaBrowser
BFC New Ladder
CT Server Ladders
CT Mayhem Ladder
CTWF New Ladder
CT Server Maps
Flower Power Sumo Assault
Map Tools
Want to help? Donate

Jumble
Home Forum
Calendar Chat Messenger IRC
Forum Members
Links FAQ
News View Online

Search

Advanced Search

User Block
Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Reply to topic

Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Clan Admin
Ladle, 1x (Amount: 1) Map Maker (Amount: 1)
CT Rank: 11
Field's place: def-sweep
Grid Name: ctkyle
GID: kyle@ct/jedi
CT Wild Fort Rank: na
A=pi*a*b is the best Smile proved it yesterday

In theory it should work in reality who knows if it will work.

MB53: I am 26 years old how can i be a teen ? Very Happy
owned: You got the heart of a teen Smile
Gonzap: and the innocence of a little child
View user's profile Find all posts by kyle Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Crazy Tronner
Squad Leader
1st rank (Amount: 1) Bowl x2 Winner (Amount: 1) defender, 2nd rank (Amount: 1) Fortress Cafe Tournament 1 Winner (Amount: 1)
Ladle, 10x (Amount: 1) Mega Team Sumo Knockout 1 (Amount: 1)
CT Rank: 1
Field's place: attack
Grid Name: CTxGonzap
GID: Gonzap@ct/leader
meh, big fail :/

Crazy Tronner
Ghost Member
Bowl Winner (Amount: 1) Ladle, 2x (Amount: 1) Mega Team Sumo Knockout 1 (Amount: 1)
CT Rank: Not Ranked
Field's place: sweeper
Grid Name: ct_Cronix
GID: Cronix@ct/senior
kyle wrote:
A=pi*a*b is the best Smile proved it yesterday

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

easy ^^

Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Clan Leader
2nd rank (Amount: 1) Bowl x2 Winner (Amount: 1) defender, 3rd rank (Amount: 1) Fortress Cafe Tournament 1 Winner (Amount: 1)
Ladle, 10x (Amount: 1) Ladle, 3x (Amount: 1)
CT Rank: 2
Field's place:
Grid Name: CtxWoned
GID: owned@ct/jedi
syllabear wrote:
wd rozzer! How about finding an example of

x = y + z?

Or any number higher than 3?

Sylla I think you are officially the most evil person ever.

Mad
CT Rank: Not a CTer
Field's place:
Grid Name:
GID: FoFo@ct/public
CT Wild Fort Rank:
K i decided to help you there gonzy lol

FoFo/FoFoLiNo

Tron history:

I discovered this game at a friend s house on april 2005 we were bored so he started to play a strange game to waste some time , when i saw armagetron for the 1 st time i was like shit it look like 1 movie i saw when i was a child, so i tried and liked it immediatly and then downloaded it at home, when i got this i started on local game since i didnt know there was internet servers on it lol.

1st time i realised there was internet games was like few month later since this moment i just left my playstation 2 and all other pc s games, i had to play this.
I started on tigers servers , then i saw a serv called norms place and i started to play and becomin good at it. In this server there was a clan called |AST| (all star tronners) with some cool players so i asked to join and have been accepted. Norms place had some old players who still plays like hoax , alex/xs20/rico/sabian whatever you want to call him lol , pez and olorin (now called schwuly ).

The ast clan started to play fort and told me to try it so i joined in middle of 2006 one of the most popular server at this time called ctwf lol where i got kicked couple of times cuz i didnt know what meant "grind" :/ then a guy who liked me called |AST| warrior (later i knew this guy was infamous For me he ll stay the best player of this game) showed me how to play fortress, i learnt pretty fast and played my first fort match in august 2006 it was a 4 team fortress match with |AST| , CT , SP and oops , we lost badly lol then i continued to play and in november 2006 we made x clan composed with alex , hoax , subzero , infamous and me.
Since this time , i never left fortress.

I played my 1st ladle in january 2007, it was ladle 7 where 4 teams participated lol now its 20 lol . I just loved it and wanted to play it again and again... I made my 1 st final on ladle 11 , won my 1 st ladle on ladle 12 then i stuck with x and won some, x for me was the best clan ever , in skill and in term of mentality , thats where i met Flex who applied and we recruited him That period was the top of my skill for me , i played a lot and became the best attacker , i was able to cut every def and was on top 3 of fort players, then after this , nothing to say until ladle 18 where i didnt play and went on break cause of work for 6 months. When i came back , x clan didnt exist anymore cuz hoax decided to merge with tx, when i came bk , arrow , ct , sp (flex lol) and tx invited me , i joined tx cuz i was in x when i went on break but i left 2 months later cuz i was disapointed by the difference of mentality, then when i left hoop told me to look at arrow clan , it was full of nice and skill players so i joined , played 2 ladle , won one with them and then the clan died so some of us decided to join sp (psy , viper , judders and me) since this moment , i m stuck in SP in which we have the record to have won 3 ladle in a row and now i enjoy my "tron life" with you guys.

Player stats:

Clans : |AST| , x , Tx , Arrow , Speeders
Ladle played : 22
Ladle Final played : 15
Ladle Won : 7 ( 3 x (attack) , 1 arrow (defense) , 3 ~*SP*~ (sweeper) )
1 AFL won (arma fortress league) (with x with the most valuable player award of the tourney )
http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php? ... L_Schedule
thats for the one who wonder what is it.
1 FPL won (fortress premier league) with x
TST played : 3
TST final : 2
Played on the top 6 europeans players for the EU vs USA match 1-1. lol
Won 3 ladle in a row with SP.
Won 2 ladle in a row with x.
2 nd best sweeper 2010 award.
2 nd nicest player 2010 award.
lol
i didnt make the video but i just found it, thats to complete my profile lol i wish it was against insa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1XEEVb7TK8
And more to come in the future i hope Smile

Ex-CTer
Fortress Cafe Tournament 1 Winner (Amount: 1) Ladle, 1x (Amount: 1)
Field's place:
Grid Name: ct`pp
GID: apparition@ct/public
I'm apparition. Here's my Tronography.

I found Armagetron in October 2006 when I was 20 years old and in my second year of college in Michigan, USA. I had just bought my first Mac laptop in September and had learned all the obvious secrets of Apple products, so I started looking for some games. I loved Fallout and Fallout 2 for PC so I bought them and played them through. I played some other nostalgic games and decided to find some freeware games on the Apple website and I found 0.3.0 Armagetron there.

Of course, I played locally for a few hours before getting bored and then out of curiosity I tried Network game. I definitely had my fair share of kicks from fortress servers and whatnot before I found Durka Durka Land. I quickly changed my name to apparition, and started saying "toot toot" after I killed anyone. At first my only gridskill was comedy and making people laugh, so I made friends quickly Smile Everyone was really cool there and helped me learn the rules and physics of the game, silly concepts like digging and camping, and gamer speak. I never played any online games before this, just Nintendo and whatnot, so "admin" and "wd" and "nt" and "stfu" and "gtfo", etc. were all foreign to me lol

I played there day after day and really late into the night, too. I met Durka within a few days and being similar ages and whatnot, we got along. After two weeks he was messing with some map options in DDL and made a very small tunnel that went to a secret room. The whole "Admin" thing seemed like it was the coolest thing in the world, so a bunch of us in the server made Durka say the first person who gets into the secret room would become moderator in his server. Someone made it into the tunnel before me, but they died before getting to the room. I made it to the room and he made me an Admin. That was great incentive to keep playing. I met Hans and Custang and we played together a lot. They were always yelling "wall bug" whenever they would die on the rim. I told them that no wall bug could kill me, only a wall tiger, which eventually lead us to the creation of the DDL clan Wall Tigers Smile I think the site is still floating around somewhere.

After a month in wT I got sick of "rubber" servers and tried Capture the Flag. I left wT because I was never playing in DDL and stopped caring about admining the server. Capture the Flag was really fun for a while, but people just didn't know strategy or anything, so I gave it up as a bad job. I used to follow Durka around a lot and chat with him while playing and he lead me to Crazy Tronners Wild Fortress. Here I played with lots of awesome tronners, but the most memorable for me was Chubb Chubb, who was the friendliest tronner ever. I always felt special because he only spoke in seemingly nonsensical symbols that I learned to understand. He was the one who started: "D. He had symbols for "Go Attack!" and "I'm Def, you attack!" and "Hole!". It was really funny. CTWF was great for me because I learned how to grind and gain speed and learn fort physics before finding the ultimate game modes.

In early December 2006 I joined the forums and started tooting around there. I found the wiki and forum topics about fortress stuff and decided to give it a try. I only played when Durka was in the server so he could stick up for me when people were trying to kick me lol So I think Durka got sick of me making him look bad, so he and Legit started to train me. We'd go into a server just the three of us and they'd teach me how to defend so they could practice attack. The really odd thing that they taught me is not to "hide" behind my tail so that they could at least have some chance of breaking my def. I still defend most often in fort these days just because it's comfortable for me. I don't even think it's my best position, and you wanna know the reason why? Durka and Legit taught me all that BS about not hiding! Very Happy

I ended up really wanting to join a clan at some point. I don't remember really when, but I was talking with |x| clan about joining when ~ X ~, Goodygumdrops, Sagelord, and I decided to start Twisted Rats. I'm really proud of all the time we put into that clan. I'm proud of where it is today, too. Anyway, shortly after starting TR, |x| started talking about how they wanted me to join and I was dealing with a lot of personal crap having just started a really difficult program at the University of Michigan. So, I gave it all up and left tron for a few months.

I came back to tron in 2007 and worked my way back into the good graces of ~ X ~ and Sagelord. I asked to be reconsidered to join TR. Goody didn't like me and he told me so. He told me if I rejoined I'd have to deal with him not liking me, but I'd be good for the clan so he left it up to me to decide. I rejoined thinking it would be cool. I left after a few months.

Freako and hoop asked if I'd join Arrow, so I did, but I wasn't happy with being the only American in a clan that was starting from the ground up. I felt I didn't belong and I left after two weeks.

I started playing with my college roommates in late 2007. My best friends to this day. We started di^ clan and played in shooting servers. That lasted two hours. Then we started playing sumo and once they were good enough, we started the joke clan bA (backwards Animals). I still play under my bA name (b.krhS) when I play with them because real life > interwebz life, right? Very Happy b. regiT and b.owL are those old roommates and best friends. I played casually for a few months, but mainly focused on having an amazing time in college.

Late 2008 after playing a lot with Owned, I thought about joining Crazy Tronners. Funny story, one of my roommates played 1v1 fortress with Owned and was just getting murdered when I came home from work. I laughed and took his place, told Owned it wasn't me and started killin' him. That would never happen today as he is very clearly superior Smile So I submitted an application to CT and then disappeared.

I went inactive because I started studying neurophysiology after college. It's honestly an amazing field of study and practice, so I had to give it my fullest attention. I barely played from April 2009 to October 2009. I started playing again heavily in January 2010 and Concord asked me to join Plus+ team. Concord, noob saibot, 1200, sine.wav, hoop, and Radian. We weren't the best team but we had some interesting and fun ideas. I played some great Ladles with them, but we lost our momentum when we decided to expand our clan and let players who weren't really ready for our level of fortress onto the team. I definitely took my aggression out on ~*SP*~ when I started some really in depth discussions on the Arma forums about strategies to use against their holing and it shined a bad light on me... Rolling Eyes Anyway, we had our core group SNATCH (sine, noob sai, appa, twelvehund, concord, hoop), and we tried to salvage it, but it was lost...

I did my own thing for a while and then started thinking seriously about joining Crazy Tronners again. I hounded Owned (who is now Woned, for the dumbest reason evarrr Wink ) about my chances of getting in, whether I should even try after having a controversial light shining on me about the ~*SP*~ holing stuff, and then decided to swallow any pride I might have had as an longtime tronner and applied.

I don't know how I'm still in CT, they are too good for me. These days I'm doing my best to bring innovation to the clan in any way possible, but these guys are like my digital family now. I'm blessed to be a Crazy Tronner. Cool

Mad
Field's place:
Grid Name:
GID: FoFo@ct/public
CT Wild Fort Rank:
nice post apapapapapapa i like readin people Smile

Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Clan Admin
Ladle, 1x (Amount: 1) Map Maker (Amount: 1)
CT Rank: 11
Grid Name: ctkyle
GID: kyle@ct/jedi
Back in November or December of 2005 I wanted to try Linux out. I had heard about it on a tv show called Call For Help, I would watch the reruns of this tech show every day after I got home from school. So I finally picked Mandriva Linux to install. Downloaded it I think it took around 3 CD's. I did not have a computer of my own at that time, so I reinstalled Windows (happened a lot whenever it got slow) and installed Mandriva Linux to make it dual boot.

After having installed it I looked at the games it had. I found armagetron as well as some other games. I played local games for quite a while could not figure out how to turn. So I gave up on it for a few days. After a few more tries at local game I found one turn key (I believe the left one). So I still thought well this is pointless and gave it a rest again. When I came back to it I figured out how to configure it. Configured it to use arrows, down being the brake.

After this I went into network game. I eventually found Tigers network speed blast. It was a pretty popular server back then. It basically had inverted brake like Chico's eye (although that was not invented back then).

About 2-3 times a week back then I would reboot the computer into Linux just to play armagetron. It was not until March of 2006 that I decided to search for the game. I ended up finding the windows build (0.2.8.[maybe something]). By this time if I played in speed blast more and more people just camped and did not press the brake, so it was getting a bit boring. I ended up finding Crazy Tronners wild fortress by the end of March. Also the bugfarm fortress, but I liked CTWF better because to me it was more stable. However I got kicked in CTWF several times. I got soo upset I found CT's forums, registered and Pmed the Admin. I never got a response back, but I kept plating in there, and learned the basics of Fortress. I also learned what maps to grind and what maps to split on.

Ah the deadly Chico of back then 32 axes of pure fun. Back then chico's hourglass no one would dare to grind on. I experimented a few days and had a successful grind. After that That became a new tactic of mine in my instant chats. People thought I was nuts when I told them that, But it successfully killed the opponents every time. Then about a week later both teams were grinding.

As time went by I eventually caught that crazy guy ed testing a new map, Chico's eye (sometime in the beginning of April 2006). After that I started wondering how to make maps. I ended up finding robed (the guy responsible for Chico Sumo) on CTWF and he pointed me in the right direction.

To be continued.... (gotta get outta 2006 somehow)

@appa, I should ask Chubb Chubb to come back Smile, ~ X ~ won't come back Sad (Don't worry He'll be in part of my continuation)

In theory it should work in reality who knows if it will work.

MB53: I am 26 years old how can i be a teen ? Very Happy
owned: You got the heart of a teen Smile
Gonzap: and the innocence of a little child
View user's profile Find all posts by kyle Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Crazy Tronner
Ghost Member
Bowl Winner (Amount: 1) Ladle, 2x (Amount: 1) Mega Team Sumo Knockout 1 (Amount: 1)
All started with an essay that I had to write with my good old friend. You might know him as BloddyD0o.o0T or ReapeR.
We both were kind of PC Freaks. We used to play CS:S together, we made it in the high EAS games, but nvm.
So when he got bored, he started this game called Armagetron Advanced. He joined fast any fort server.
He was randomly hitting some keys and suddenly those colored instas came.
I really liked this game then, but I was never motivated to download it. Very Happy
This was in March '09.

Later in the year like May and June.
We had to do some more presentations. And we met always at him, because my little brother is the evil himself.
We got bored again and he played this amazing looking game again.
I was like: 'Wow how do you turn that fast?' 'Why do they die so fast?' 'Are you da UBERPWNZHACK0r in this game?' and some more Very Happy

In our summer holidays we had some Lan-Parties, but he never played Tron, because we always played CS:S and Warcraft 3 ^^.

Finally in our autumn holidays... I downloaded this damn game and my friend was like: 'YES!!!!', well he always wanted to prove that he is better in every game that he and me are playing. He was not. Laughing
So we were on this Lan and played in any empty server online. Me and some other friends were kinda idling around while we did not understand how to double bind. And my good old friend raped the shit out of us. He used both hands and I was blaming him very hard Very Happy

When I arrived back home, I was not really tired, so I decided to play this freaking game.
I joined Sumo. I died. I RQ'ed. I joined Wildcat. I pwned once. I pwned twice. But I only pwned, because my friend showed me what double binding is ^^

When I started Tron again, I joined a server called Nano Fight or anything like this, like HR for Nano Surprised
I was playing this like half a year, but only once a week or so.
And I switched over to CTWF. But I never was above rank 11 or so Sad

In February'10 my friend asked me if I would play this stupid game still... I answered: Yes, but I think I do not like it much. He asked me to play some Sumo with him as one team in CTOS.
I said: 'When you are happy then' Razz

After some more experiences, I improved fast as hell. In March'10 we won like 15 matches in a row on one day Wink

My friend saw those improvements and challenged me to a fun 1v1 in Fortress to prove that he pwns me.
He pwned me. I had no clue how to attack, so he took all those points. He was not the best attacker, but I could not def neither.

Sometime later in the March I saw ~*FoFo*~ and ~*Flex*~ making an amazing 2 people maze on CTOS and I was like 'OMQWTFBBQ I want to do this too Sad'
So I asked one day some random persons which this clan is. They told me that they are from Speeders and they would pwn as hell. I was like: 'Oh damn, I need to improve to become that good and join this clan'. Yes, Speeders I wanted to join you.

The next month I played like 2 hours a day to improve as fast as I can. And I improved. So I headed right to SP forums. My only Aim was, Cronix join this damn clan.... NAO!!!!.
But I read those requirements, which said... With a Post Count of 1 we know that your not really interested in the clan and you only want to become a Member of SP.
I was asking myself if I wanted to spam some randoms topics full, but I was too lazy.

Later in June I applied for DS, I thought they were a good choice, because they are not to Pro and not to Noob. My application was on like 4 weeks, then I told them that I am one week in Italia.
After I arrived back home I instantly started my computer and went to their website... still no answer...
I am NOT impatient, but they did not even say that they will vote or anything like this.
So I pulled my application.

2 Days later I got grabbed up by Liz. She told me she sees many potential in me and wants me to join her Ladle Team called Plus+. I said: 'Yes' ,because I remembered that Liz was a good player Wink

I played my first Ladle, it was Ladle 36. We made it to semi-finals and lost to SP.
That was about the time MB and me were best friends already. He always told me about his wish to join CT. So I wondered that he joined pRu o.o
He left pRu later on as you all know Very Happy

In Ladle 37 we had to face CT in our first round, unfortunately we were 2 + SpinAce.
G5 and me were there. I was really disappointed from my team. A TST was one week later, I used to play with one of our members. He was not there so I asked someone to sub in.
I left Plus+... lack of activity.

I met MB on the grid more often and saw the he improved fast.
So I told him that I wanna CT, too.

He played for CTb in Ladle 37... I think... And I played for SPD... again we lost against CTa .... oh ffs ^^
He always told me that you have to be Pro to join CT.
I always wanted to apply before him. But school was more important that moment.
I saw him applying and applied 2 weeks later.

Until this moment, I had no friends on the grid except MB53 and Liz and Spin aKa INW. It was like playing alone and it seemed noone knows me.
Right after I applied Titanoboa told me that he invited me when I cancelled my Application for DS. And I told him that I would be sorry, but I did not remember that.

I decided to may give it a try when CT rejects me. They did not. I am a full CTer now. And I am proud as hell.

For everyone who reads this. Yes, I know my english sucks. The fault of my teachers Wink and the german school system.

1103 words... omg and it only took 20 minutes Wink

Have fun while reading and this is all true!

Crazy Tronner
Ex-CTer but Clan Fellow
Fortress Cafe Tournament 1 Winner (Amount: 1)
Grid Name: ct|Theroze
GID: theroze@ct/fellow
Nice read cronix!
cronix wrote:
He played for CTb in Ladle 37... I think... And I played for SPD... again we lost against CTa .... oh ffs ^^

The ffs made me laughing so long. Dunno why. It just did. Very Happy

The fuck.
View user's profile Find all posts by theroze Send private message MSN Messenger

Weirdo
Grid Name: Slov
GID: Slov@ct/public
Cronix wrote:
That was about the time MB and me were best friends already.

That's so lie!! MB53 never had any other best friend besides me!!!! Laughing Shocked

Crazy Tronner
Ex-CTer but Clan Fellow
Fortress Cafe Tournament 1 Winner (Amount: 1) Ladle, 4x (Amount: 1)
Grid Name: ct|Puuquie
GID: Puuquie@ct/fellow
The beginning:
Well, I am playing the tron since 2002-2003. Can't remember.
My wife started to study Social Work in the University in 2002. She was working in the mornings and going to the university in the evenings. She hadn't time to do the subject works, and i started to did them for her in the evenings. I obtained in two subjects the highest note of the university without going to class.
Well, when i was bored of writing in Microsoft Word, Excel and Acces, i took a rest and one day i found Armagetron while i was browsing.
I started to play during breaks of my homework.

Between 2002/3-2005:
I knew a player called faramir, and he hosted a server, The Ring Community. Together with another player called Emuman we created HT clan (Hispanotronados), a clan of spanish players. We were me, Faramir, Emuman, Klax, Andre, Lestat, Perdio, Spam, Kortzd, and i cant remember any more. Klax was the first one that I remember that he developed plygonal maps and more of 4 axes to turn. I can remember when he (he was of Barcelona like Xevi), called me to prove those new maps.
I remember of that time: Angel, Wepj, Ooix, Loops, Lucifer, Simcosmos, Garisimo, Palatinum, Joda, Eddie...
In 2005 HT clan dissapeared with the server. I am the only that survived.
I stopped to play when i moved to my new home at 2005 and because the clan dissapeared too.

Since 2006:
I started to play again sometimes. In October of 2006 i fell very ill with pneumonia. I was 1 month in my home and nobody could visit me. So i started to play seriously again.
I realized a lot of things have changed. Capture the flag, Sumo and Fortress Servers??? I was several months playing CTF, then CTWF, then Fortress, then Sumo, then joined CT and now i am here.

Crazy Tronner
Squad Leader
1st rank (Amount: 1) Bowl x2 Winner (Amount: 1) defender, 2nd rank (Amount: 1) Fortress Cafe Tournament 1 Winner (Amount: 1)
Ladle, 10x (Amount: 1) Mega Team Sumo Knockout 1 (Amount: 1)
CT Rank: 1
Grid Name: CTxGonzap
GID: Gonzap@ct/leader
@kyle: my school computer was linux also Very Happy

@appa: and we are blessed to have a player like you in our team

@cronix: we saw your potential too ^^

@FoFo: rofl thanks for saving this XD

@puuquie: too short Very Happy

Crazy Tronner
Ghost Member
Slov wrote:
Cronix wrote:
That was about the time MB and me were best friends already.

That's so lie!! MB53 never had any other best friend besides me!!!! Laughing Shocked

Well, i dont think so ^^

He told me he will bomb all Slovenian people Very Happy ,but dont tell anyone Sing

And when somebody asks you dont know it from me Twisted Evil

@gonzap Smile

Ex-Trainee
Grid Name:
GID: Big_D@ct/public
CT Wild Fort Rank:
theroze wrote:
Nice read cronix!
cronix wrote:

The ffs made me laughing so long. Dunno why. It just did. Very Happy

heh I don't feel like that anymore.

dunno why.. Razz