| Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:11 pm
|PRU's First Map Contest
Hello, we intend to host a new server with rotating maps
, and we thought it would be fun for a bigger audience if we turn it into a competition.
The winners' maps will be used for this server.
PRU has its first anniversary today. This is our way to celebrate it
Everyone can take part, submit your maps in the correct format (aamap.xml). Eddie's tools for map makers can be found here
; for help visit the Armagetron Advanced wiki page
(hosted by Lucifer), and if you want to use certain settings, feel free to attach the settings.cfg you would like us to use for your game mode. Or else tell us if we should use fort, ctf, sumo or other known physics.
If you want to manually upload/download your maps, you will like this map uploader
The maps can be rated by everyone who is signed up on our site
; we (our clan) will try to play each of them but we know it's not always possible.
These are the criteria or requirements which you can use are supposed to use as a template when you submit your vote. We have a opened a subforum
which you can use to take part in the polls.
Please read the following points before you start a map, and reread them afterwards (and if you think we left something out, add it please).
if we give up to ten points for each of these aspects we won't have problems to distinguish their quality. Or we can just answer it with yes and no.
But of course we can't be completely objective when we rate it, so feel free to comment them in detail (but please, on our site).
The contest starts now, you have time until New Year's Eve.
- did you do the map by yourself?
- is there anything special about it? (does it look like a gothic cathedral?)
- balance - does it look very confusing and like a big chaos, or is everything empty?
- loading time (not sure about that one since it depends on the size of the map file)
- do you have fun while you play it?
- in how far is it challenging?
- does the game mode appear to be something new?
- is it easy to run, to camp, or to get an advantage? (although we could easily solve that by changing a few settings)
- or the other extremum: do you die all the time because the spawnpoints are in front of a wall?
- any bugs?
- how much effort did the map maker invest?
- were the servers getting full while we played it?
- do you like the settings? (if there are new physics, for instance)
Good luck, and thanks to everyone who will take part
You find everything you'll need here (including a working version of armabell): http://www.trongame.de/contest