Register  |  Home  |  Chat   |  ArmaBrowser  |  HowTo  |  Wiki  |  ServerStats  |  Donate  |  Forum  |  MapTools  |  Servers  |  Log in 
Forums
Information Desk
Latest News
Round Table
Servers
Trainees
Challenge us!
Off Topic

Clan Information
Public Clan Information
Active CTers+Trainees
All CTers+Trainees
Inactive CTers
CTers Earth Map
CT Groups
CT Medals
Armahacktron Wiki
Forum Ranks
Won/Lost Battles

Servers and Maps
ArmaBrowser
BFC New Ladder
CT Server Ladders
CT Mayhem Ladder
CTWF New Ladder
CT Server Maps
Flower Power Sumo Assault
Map Tools
Want to help? Donate

Jumble
Home • Forum•
Calendar • Chat • Messenger • IRC •
Forum Members •
Links • FAQ •
News • View Online

Search

Advanced Search

User Block
Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Reply to topic

Crazy Tronner
Server Tech
Honorary Member
CT Rank: Not Ranked
Field's place: support
Grid Name: Armagetron
GID: P4@ct/jedi
CT Wild Fort Rank: na

ip information
View user's profile Find all posts by P4 Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Ex-Trainee
CT Rank: Not a CTer
Field's place: def-sweep
Grid Name: compguygene
GID: CrazyCompguygene@ct/public

Sebol, the team you faced had only 3 of our alpha players. The 2 players that were in the sweep position, have never been trained to sweep Sad The origional plan for our Alpha team had the defender you faced sweeping, the other sweeper was absent, and a third sweeper played in position 3. I ended up as the goalie for bravo (i am supposed to be only a sub for alpha) and our fourth well trained sweeper was my sweeper. There was only 1 other bravo player with me...he was supposed to sub...mostly to watch or play position 2 or 3.

So, our bravo team, was us three vs Six Sad But we decided not to forfeit but to die valiantly trying to play! It was good experience for me and my sweeper....just not good enuf. Of course, if you look at the brackets, if we won, we would have just forfieted to our alpha team! But truly, it was fun, and my def is improving!

As stated, all of our players will be reviewing the recording of our match, once i convert it to a "youtube" format!

Overall, between alpha and bravo we were missing 3 of our best 4 players, and I had to take over for our bravo team leader. At the last minute 4 of our players had RL interfere Sad But just wait 'till ladle 21!

TY CT for killing us with class and grace. It was a great game to watch! And you may have inadvertently given us a lesson in how to play the game. The recordings have already helped us a lot. Of course, none of the planned strategies were executed!
View user's profile Find all posts by CrazyCompguygene Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger

Ex-CTer
Ladle, 2x (Amount: 1)
Grid Name: ct|SeBoL158
GID: sebol158@ct/public
well so we are waiting for nxt time meaby on us server Wink

Ex-Trainee

YES! When i have supervised my alpha team in a closed practice...THEY OWN!

In the next few weeks my alpha's and bravo's are going to have their first friendly matches...Unfortunately so many of my alphas and bravos were busy that I couldn't get them together at the same time fur 'nuthin!

In a way...I am glad we lost to CT...'cuz if we had won with the lack of proper preparation...they might have gotten some overconfidence that would have been VERY counter-productive.

PUUQUIE: Thanks for the help you have given me lately!

TO ALL CT CLAN: I appreciate all the help you have all given me to help me build up Ww. After we win a ladle I am going to post EVERYWHERE about the vital role CT has played in helping Ww!
View user's profile Find all posts by CrazyCompguygene Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger

Crazy Tronner
Ex-CTer but Clan Fellow
Fortress Cafe Tournament 1 Winner (Amount: 1) Ladle, 4x (Amount: 1)
Field's place: attack
Grid Name: ct|Puuquie
GID: Puuquie@ct/fellow
Ty Smile

You are good people.

Ex-Trainee

Ty buddy...dittos to CT!

Maniac
Grid Name: Durka
GID: Durka@ct/public
sebol158 wrote:

Wink

Ex-CTer
Durka wrote:
sebol158 wrote:

Wink

no no no not with u Very Happy

Ex-Trainee

first of all get some sweepers Wink u can see how we holed your def ;]

We were unsure what Ww's could show up for the ladle.

Unfortunately, i have only been able to train a few ppl to sweep that would not take away from our offence.
Also, the official "leader" for Ww bravo couldn't come. Even Destiny, who is an awsome sweeper had a RL commitment. So, the "random" group of Ww players that showed up formed an alpha team. I took our "second best sweeper" to sweep for me on bravo. And a mostly untrained fortress player to attack/help def. I played as the "Goalie" and we lost "valiantly" to the Anonymous Noobs. Which didn't surprise me at all. Then the Anonymous Noobs lost to Ww alpha.

I don't know if you realize that I am a Co-leader of the Fortress Division, and my fellow Co-leader is unable to be as active as he would like to be! (BTW Destiny was originally the leader of the Fortress Division and clan leader, but as Ww's growth has exploded, she really only has time to be the Clan Leader)

Also, to give you an idea of the growth that Ww has experienced. Let me share with you the current structure of the clan.
We have the following divisions that all participate in tournaments:

Capture the Flag
Two Co-leaders
Alpha Team
Bravo Team
About 12 active tournament players

Capture the Flag Shooting
One Leader
One Team
About 7 active tournament players

High Rubber/ Dog Fight division
One Leader
About 6 active tournament players

Sumo Division
Two Co-leaders
About 10 players that have played in Ww Sumo tourneys and About ten players that have played in Team Sumo Tourneys.
Fortress Division
Two Co-leaders
About 14 players that could play in Ladles with a wide range of noobiness to experts.
If all Six "Official" Alpha players could play in a Ladle...I would be very curious to see how well they would pwn in a ladle! (punish plays under a variety of ladles and has played in every ladle since that Ww has participated in )

As our base of players grows and the level of their experience grows...we have planned two more divisions.

Wild Fortress
Fortress Shootout

We are very "choosy" about new recruits. We would rather take a player who is somewhat inexperienced but is a good "personality fit" to our "clan values" than a "Godlike" player who has a huge ego. Our recruiting process is as follows. One of our recruiters or division leaders recomends that a player post on our "Recruits" thread on the Ww forums at http://www.lagtest.net/ after we have discussed the recruit in our private forums. They then are allowed to wear a -`WwR- tag, at appropriate times. They are also asked to play as much as possible in Ww servers so we can all play with them. Most Ww players play in at least 3-4 different game modes. Personally, I play in them all.

Most Saturdays are filled with clan challenges. Most Sundays are filled with tournaments. Because so many of my "Fortress" players are also very strong and involved in other game modes, it is difficult for me to arrange clan challenges. However, we have just started to have regular "Fortress Division" open practices where Ww faces whoever shows up. Routinely, some of the best American Fortress players show up and try to beat the loosely organized Ww team. These practices have helped to form new Fortress Teams in America. I usually spend the entire time spec'ing and coaching the Ww team. I try to identify players strengthes and weaknesses and grab then when i can during the week to train them in one of my personal fortress servers.

So there is the "real low down" about what is happening with the 'ole Wild West.

Compguygene

Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Clan Leader
2nd rank (Amount: 1) Bowl x2 Winner (Amount: 1) defender, 3rd rank (Amount: 1) Fortress Cafe Tournament 1 Winner (Amount: 1)
Ladle, 10x (Amount: 1) Ladle, 3x (Amount: 1)
CT Rank: 2
Field's place:
Grid Name: CtxWoned
GID: owned@ct/jedi
compguygene wrote:
We are very "choosy" about new recruits. We would rather take a player who is somewhat inexperienced but is a good "personality fit" to our "clan values" than a "Godlike" player who has a huge ego.
Sounds like us. Smile (except we only take people who are both Godlike and a good personality fit Wink)

Except for gonzap. He's still a noob.

Ex-CTer
ψwned wrote:

Except for gonzap. He's still a noob.

;DDDDDDDD

Crazy Tronner
Squad Leader
1st rank (Amount: 1) Bowl x2 Winner (Amount: 1) defender, 2nd rank (Amount: 1) Fortress Cafe Tournament 1 Winner (Amount: 1)
Ladle, 10x (Amount: 1) Mega Team Sumo Knockout 1 (Amount: 1)
CT Rank: 1
Grid Name: CTxGonzap
GID: Gonzap@ct/leader
Rolling Eyes

/me didn't hear anything lalala

Crazy Tronner
Ex-CTer but Clan Fellow
Ladle, 5x (Amount: 1)
Grid Name: ct|safari
GID: safariskater@ct/fellow
compguygene wrote:
Ty buddy...dittos to CT!

you're the best Smile Smile

and im sure you'll bring Ww to one of the best clans... for sure Smile

Crazy Tronner
Ex-CTer but Clan Fellow
Fortress Cafe Tournament 1 Winner (Amount: 1) Ladle, 4x (Amount: 1)
Grid Name: ct|Puuquie
GID: Puuquie@ct/fellow
/me agrees with woned

and we all know he is a fucking gayzap too

Ex-CTer