Register  |  Home  |  Chat   |  ArmaBrowser  |  HowTo  |  Wiki  |  ServerStats  |  Donate  |  Forum  |  MapTools  |  Servers  |  Log in 
Forums
Information Desk
Latest News
Round Table
Servers
Trainees
Challenge us!
Off Topic

Clan Information
Public Clan Information
Active CTers+Trainees
All CTers+Trainees
Inactive CTers
CTers Earth Map
CT Groups
CT Medals
Armahacktron Wiki
Forum Ranks
Won/Lost Battles

Servers and Maps
ArmaBrowser
BFC New Ladder
CT Server Ladders
CT Mayhem Ladder
CTWF New Ladder
CT Server Maps
Flower Power Sumo Assault
Map Tools
Want to help? Donate

Jumble
HomeForum
CalendarChatMessengerIRC
Forum Members
LinksFAQ
NewsView Online

Search

Advanced Search

User Block
Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
 nrx 
Friend
CT Rank: Not a CTer
Field's place:
Grid Name:
GID: Not working
CT Wild Fort Rank:
Sorry to tell that here, but nrx had a very unpleasant behaviour today on CT server.

nrx told something to a noob, don't remember exactly what
maybe to grind or anything else related to zone

The noob asked why, andd nrx answered "because it is our home"

when I told him that it was not cool to say that, he told me "I don't care"

I told him I would tell about his immature behaviour on the forum,
and he kicked me as admin.

I am not especially for clans, you know, but CT server is very nice
and I find it very disappointing that some very young people
knowing not much and thinking very little
can have the poxer to kick people w/out the vote of anyone

He told I would be banned from the server, I don't think ther would be any justice if so
I think nrx should not have any power in your clan

Par contre, loops est finalement vachement cool, je voulais le dire car ça n'a pas toujours été :p

Shocked ...
Window$, des pépins !
View user's profile Find all posts by JC Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Ex-CTer
Field's place:
Grid Name:
CT Wild Fort Rank:
Hello.

Thank you for airing your concerns on the forum about the issues we're currently having on the Crazy Tronners armagetron server.

I'll address your issues in chronological order.

1) nrx told something to a noob, don't remember exactly what | maybe to grind or anything else related to zone

As with most experienced tron players, I too get annoyed when people repeatedly fail to play as part of their team. It could be anything from messing up defence, deliberate team killing or not grinding at the start. From what I recall of the matter (i'll check the server logs later for consistency) the person in question repeatedly tk'd and didn't grind despite requests from all members of his/her team. This resulted in people telling them they were a noob etc etc, standard practice in most servers.

2) The noob asked why, andd nrx answered "because it is our home"

This is taken somewhat out of context and shortended. What actually happened, JC, is the player questioned the reason for their kick poll. We replied with the reasons (tk, non grinding etc) and this didn't satisfy them. In the general banter and light mood of the server (as it usually is when quality, fun loving players are on) I replied with "This is the Crazy Tronners server and our home, we do what we want Very Happy" or something to that affect.

3) when I told him that it was not cool to say that, he told me "I don't care" | I told him I would tell about his immature | behaviour on the forum, and he kicked me as admin.

This is also correct, to a certain extent. Perhaps you should go into further detail as to what happened here. Your constant bitching about the Crazy Tronners server, your attitude towards me in there - telling me I am immature, I don't think and that everyone has a right to be on the server was, to say the least, annoying. You see, JC, it is because of people like you with your high-and-mighty reasoning that we have problems on that server. It is also the reason we are implementing various measures to combat the trouble makers that frequent our server.

It is not a right for people to play on the server. It is a privelage that the owner of the physical server, who has installed armagetron, allows you to join and play. Do not be fooled in thinking that just because the software is free that everyone should have access. The server this runs on costs money - I don't see you paying to help towards this? In fact, all I see you doing recently is causing problems on the server.

Bearing this in mind, I took the decision to remove you from the server after several warnings and requests from other players to cease. Unfortunately, on this occasion, the poll kick submitted by another player was rejected by newcomers who were not aware of the situation.

4) I am not especially for clans, you know, but CT server is very nice and I find it very disappointing that some very young people knowing not much and thinking very little can have the poxer to kick people w/out the vote of anyone

I'm not sure how to take this. For a start, I'm not young - I'm a lot older than you. As for thinking, if you were to stop for a moment and use your own brain you'd realise that what you're saying is complete nonsense. Stop and think for a minute before typing a load of rubbish on a server that ultimately puts you in a bad light with players and results in your removal.

5) He told I would be banned from the server, I don't think ther would be any justice if so I think nrx should not have any power in your clan

Power comes with responsibility. The needs of the many outweigh the wants and cries of the few. This time, JC, you were in the minority. Alas, you were not banned - you came back and stopped your nonsense. While I've been replying to your post, I've been watching the game. In my absence, you still continue to voice your opinion on a subject you know very little about. If you have so many issues with people on that server, including myself and sof, why not dig into your own pockets and create a server yourself. I'm sure we'd all love to come along and play Smile

Last of all - this is a predominantly English speaking clan - even the Spanglish one tries to use English. If you want to tell people that loops is cool, do so in a language that the majority will understand.

Regards,

[nrx]

Last edited by [nrx] on Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crazy Tronner
Honorary Member
Donator (Amount: 1)
CT Rank: Not Ranked
Field's place: support
Grid Name: CT×X3V1
GID: xevic@ct/jedi
CT Wild Fort Rank: na
JC, nrx is one of ct's admins. I'm sorry u have an issue with him, but our members has to watch 4 correct use of our server, and if they need to kick a player they know why.

I don't think u will be banned jc, but u have to understand that u can't come to say us how to admin our server Razz

Friend
Field's place:
Grid Name:
CT Wild Fort Rank:
nrx's answer is a lie. Not fully, but the way it is told.
He says he behaved like a responsible admin, but he actually did to show he was the admin

I found it immature, and told him
Xevi, you obviously can admin your server as you like,
but if noone tells you about nrx's behaviour, you sure wont be informed

I was expecting this kind of answer (xevi),
but maybe one day someone will really think about nrx's abilities to be an admin

I wanted to tell my point of view.

No server is perfect, Wild fortress is not far from being...

ed, sure I like noobs, and wont vote kick just because I can do it
That does not give me any erection
By the way, I sometimes vote kick, when a player clearly does not listen
Maybe I should kick more often, but it is so easy...

Shocked ...
Window$, des pépins !
View user's profile Find all posts by JC Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Field's place:
Grid Name:
CT Wild Fort Rank:
As you know I was on the grid when all this happened.
JC you have taken something that nrx has said in jest and turned it into something greater than it actually is.
It seems that you have a real problem with nrx and everytime he says something -in a jokey way- that could be interpreted as against all noobs ever, you latch onto it and take it to extremes, this ruins the game for everyone.
The ct server is a light hearted server and things that people say...especially cters should not be taken as seriously as you tend to do.
I really tried to talk to you about the problems you had with the fact that that person was polled but all you could do was call us immature.
In reality JC if a player doesn't listen to their team mates they ruin the game for all, they should practice that's what the practice rings are there for, similarly if a person is asked to stop talking by an admin about an issue that is distracting or of no concern to the game at hand then they should do it. The forum is here for you to be able to voice your concerns over the server or a player etc. Not in a game.
You asked me while we were playing the game why i always take nrx's side, well the truth is because I think he is right about this, the fact that he is admin and my bf has nothing to do with it. You seem to be the only one who has a problem with the server and how it's run.

On a side note, if you are going to talk about people do it in a language that they understand and not behind their backs, that's classified as rude.

Friend
Field's place:
Grid Name:
CT Wild Fort Rank:
not fair
sof defends nrx from the beginning
without being honest

and he kicked me without polling
not normal

Shocked ...
Window$, des pépins !

Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Clan Admin
Ladle, 1x (Amount: 1) Map Maker (Amount: 1)
CT Rank: 9
Field's place: def-sweep
Grid Name: ct¤kyle
GID: kyle@ct/jedi
Just shut up about it its over and done with there problem were no unbiased people there to tell the truth so who realty know what happened there just get over it unless an administrator has a copy of the log. thatâ??s the only thing that will tell the truth is the log of the conversation

In theory it should work in reality who knows if it will work.

MB53: I am 26 years old how can i be a teen ? Very Happy
owned: You got the heart of a teen Smile
Gonzap: and the innocence of a little child
View user's profile Find all posts by kyle Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Server Tech
Honorary Member
Field's place: sweeper
Grid Name: ct-eddie
GID: ed@ct/jedi
I have checked the logs. I can post the whole conversation if you wish. But it's really not worth it.
read the posts above you'll get the just of it. nrx and JC don't get on.
There were other people involved in the conversation, it seemed pretty split down the middle who thought who was in the right.
nrx did put JC up for a vote originally, it was rejected. As it usually is for a known player.

@JC: nrx was right, the server admin can choose who plays on their server, they have paid for that right with time and money.
Just because the game itself is free, the server costs are not.
Would I have done the same thing in nrx's shoes? probably not, but he did ask you several times to be quiet and you just went on and on.

Will I be banning JC from the server? No. I Just ask you and nrx to stay out of each others way in future.

Let's get back to the fun of playing the game. No more of this bullshit.
I love the game. It really is a great game, isn't it? Let's not spoil it.

Friend
Field's place:
Grid Name:
CT Wild Fort Rank:
Sure, admin are always right... and never will be punished for abuse of power...

I insist that nrx has morally not the right tu use admin capacities to regulate personal problems
about me and maybe what happened with tchii in the past
I insisted only because nrx's reaction "I don't care" was the opposite of what an admin has to do.
Ed, sure you would never have done it, and you would never have told insults as he did.

You are talking about time & money. Ok, you made great maps and feature a nice server...
But what dyou think Manuel Moos would think about nrx's behaviour ?
He is not in the free game spirit at all.

Actually, I think nrx is a young spoiled child (dunno if it's the right word, means a child with too much toys) which acts as he likes without thinking, and he has not the abilities to be admin here. At school, we learn that power implies responsibilities. It would be good for him to temporarily lose admin rights, just to become more responsible.

I'll make no problems with nrx, but if he behaves like that again, sorry I will tell what I think and post here again.

If now you ban me, I won't blame you, but sorry, I think people's voice is far above admin rights.

Shocked ...
Window$, des pépins !

Ex-CTer
Map Maker (Amount: 1)
Field's place:
Grid Name: syllabear
GID: syllabear@ct/public
Can one of the admins delete/lock/put this in old crap, because it is really depressing and is wasting peoples time who care to look at it - for example mine.

A key that opens many doors is a master key. A lock that is opened by many keys is a shit lock
View user's profile Find all posts by syllabear Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Crazy Tronner
Honorary Member
Donator (Amount: 1)
Grid Name: CT×X3V1
GID: xevic@ct/jedi
JC. u are becoming annoying, better stfu and don't tell how we hae to manage our clan and our server, really think u can say who can be or not one of our leaders?

Next time u are told to stfu in the server by a moderator, just did, and if u don't want to do, don't surprise when he will execute u Razz

Friend
Field's place:
Grid Name:
CT Wild Fort Rank:
I am annoying...
admin are always right...

nrx "moderator" Razz
should be moderated himself before...

Now I have to STFU on wild fortress, ok,
I'm afraid to be kicked for no reason,
especially if nrx or xevi is present

Now xevi you want me to STFU here too,
I find it very unjust

kicking is the right of admins, but telling should be allowed to anyone,no ?

Shocked ...
Window$, des pépins !

Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Server Tech
Honorary Member
Field's place: sweeper
Grid Name: ct-eddie
GID: ed@ct/jedi
JC,
Thanks for coming here and getting all this off your chest.
If you have any more problems with the Crazy Tronners Wild Fortress, please, just go somewhere else.

This was the reason nrx kicked you. You just don't shut up!

topic now locked

Crazy Tronner
Honorary Member
Grid Name:
GID: Shadow@ct/senior
CT Wild Fort Rank:
Sorry to post in a locked post (yes JC, one more admin abuse) but I was not able to express my great opinion before. As nobody can respond I will try to not attack anybody with my few words.

JC, you should be able to express yourself but you use a bad process to do it. You have opinion and tell everybody about (nothing bad in this) without let them to express their own. Resulting you are kicked or your posts are locked and then you complain about censure. People can't act without purpose and I fully understand your own, you like justice, you defend minority and powerless people, etc... In our case (admins), our purpose in Armagetron is a community and a server to manage and at this point we are free to do it as we want. We are three admins to administer all this stuff and and at least if you not agree with us, you should at least repsect our work. [nrx] was choosed by Xevi and me and you not have the right to tell us that we did a mistake just cause you have issues with him.

I know that you will disagree with that but I should tell you: Nothing is free...

Sorry for this unfair admin message but I am an immature admin that not check his forum every 2 hours.

~ Shĺdow ~