Register  |  Home  |  Chat   |  ArmaBrowser  |  HowTo  |  Wiki  |  ServerStats  |  Donate  |  Forum  |  MapTools  |  Servers  |  Log in 
Forums
Information Desk
Latest News
Round Table
Servers
Trainees
Challenge us!
Off Topic

Clan Information
Public Clan Information
Active CTers+Trainees
All CTers+Trainees
Inactive CTers
CTers Earth Map
CT Groups
CT Medals
Armahacktron Wiki
Forum Ranks
Won/Lost Battles

Servers and Maps
ArmaBrowser
BFC New Ladder
CT Server Ladders
CT Mayhem Ladder
CTWF New Ladder
CT Server Maps
Flower Power Sumo Assault
Map Tools
Want to help? Donate

Jumble
Home Forum
Calendar Chat Messenger IRC
Forum Members
Links FAQ
News View Online

Search

Advanced Search

User Block
Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Reply to topic
 Idiots in CTWF 
Maniac
CT Rank: Not a CTer
Field's place: attack
Grid Name: צxs20
GID: xs20@ct/public
CT Wild Fort Rank: na
About an hour ago I was in CTWF, playing fine, defending for my team and we were winning. Someone joins on the same team, and asks if they can def. Which was fine, I let them. So I began attacking.

By this point, some other people had joined, I dont particularly want to mention names (bar one, at the bottom) but there were 2 from the "UPZ" clan, one of which was the outside rank from me, and probably 2 others. Ont he octagon loopy map, its always best to split early. after a quick grind. I split at a suitable time, as if Id have kept going iId have sealed the central players in and we'd all have died. When I split, the guy (from UPZ) didnt turn when I split - I gave him plenty of space, therefore dying on my wall. I was then spammed with messages calling me a teamkiller, how i should be kicked, etc etc etc.

The guy who wanted me kicked hadnt been in the server quite long enough to issue the poll himself, so the 3 others who joined just before him also began saying comments like "Fuck it, just kick him" and "TKers can go fuck themselves" etc etc. One of them then issued the poll, and I was kicked within seconds for doing nothing.

Now, the ironic thing is, as most of you will know I play fairly. I dont purposefully TK and I play as part of a team as often as the conditions allow. And the 2nd ironic thing is, one of the idiots who was involved - and the one who polled me - was longball lasch, a guy who has tried at least once, possibly multiple times, to become a CT member.

I dont expact you to do anything about this, Im unbanned already, I just thought that I'd inform you of the nature of certain people who play your servers - and try to join your clan.

Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Clan Leader
1st rank (Amount: 1) Bowl x2 Winner (Amount: 1) defender, 3rd rank (Amount: 1) Fortress Cafe Tournament 1 Winner (Amount: 1)
Ladle, 10x (Amount: 1) Ladle, 3x (Amount: 1)
CT Rank: 1
Field's place:
Grid Name: CtxWoned
GID: owned@ct/jedi
lemme guess, pyrotek?

Maniac
Grid Name: צxs20
GID: xs20@ct/public
heh, got it in one...

Mad
Field's place:
Grid Name:
GID: Flex@ct/public
CT Wild Fort Rank:

First of all dude I totally understand what you're thinking. I've had plenty of annoying moments from noobs who are regular players yet seem to think they play like professionals and when you get pissed off by their stupid play and decide to give them some tip(s), be it just advice or a blunt command they want to poll you or want to TK you or anything that they can possibly do. It's mostly the insulting and noob grouping that pisses me off.

On the subject of UPZ to be honest the whole of UPZ clan are newbs but it's not just them. It seems like CTWF has all the retards in it and not just afew times but daily and constantly prick and noobs are in it. To be completely honest I wouldn't play in CTWF if it wasn't the only place to have custom maps and a European ping/server. Name me another place and I'll be there.

I regret being against the idea of having two servers for newbs and regular members. I thought it wasn't much of a big deal but I now really feel the annoyance of it and I don't go to CTWF anymore. Something needs to happen. To be fair it's an awesome server and people try to ripp on it and say it's only for newbs yet everyone goes there. Something like this shouldn't be ignored, specially when it has a good thing going.

Afew theorys of why we have noobs there all the time (unlike Fortress Cafe where we atleast get to play afew decent games.) Number one being: The server name attracks those kind of assholes. What's with the colourful title? Can't it just be Crazy Tronners Custom maps. or Crazy Tronners bla bla in one colour of your choice dus reducing the impact of new comers being interested in joining. Number two being: Remove the polling and get admins to do the job. I'm sure the chat can be tracked so why not just have someone be able to change their name to ADMIN_NEEDED then an admin can join if no admin is in the server.
View user's profile Find all posts by Flex Send private message Visit poster's website

Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Server Tech
Honorary Member
Ladle, 1x (Amount: 1) Map Maker (Amount: 1)
CT Rank: Not Ranked
Field's place: sweeper
Grid Name: ct-eddie
GID: ed@ct/jedi
Every server has it's fair share of morons.
Ctwf being popular as it is will get more than most, but it also gets a lot of talented players.
When I play there, in the evenings UK time, there seems to be mainly good known players, and great games are had.
Maybe it's other times it attacts the wrong type of people.

About resticting access to CTWF/running 2 servers, etc.
With the ladder system we have in place, your entry to CTWF is actually linked to this forum.
You may notice as you enter the server it will say either thanks for registering or please register. It knows who you are.
On this basis, it would be fairly simple (was in mind while designing it) to only allow those people into the server who are registered on the forums and have been given access to the server by a CT admin.
We would have absolute power of who can and cannot enter the server, Muhahaha!

Is this a good thing? Are there enough players who would register to be eligible, there would be a lot of work involved to make it happen.

Also, we could bring other servers into the fold. If wrtlprnft chose to, we could extend the restrictions to fortress cafe, which for me suffers more from new/moronic players disrupting the game, not that there is more of them, just the nature of the game means they're able to cause more disruption.

And I don't think colorful names really makes much difference either way.
Maybe calling it Crazy Tronners Shithole might stop people going there, but that's not really the aim here Wink

Addict
Field's place:
Grid Name:
GID: Not working
CT Wild Fort Rank:
sorry rico: i didn't mean to kick you. i just get angry sometimes, nothin personal.
by the way, way to single me out. Sad sorry about that bud.

Mad
Field's place:
Grid Name:
CT Wild Fort Rank:

Oh shut up you dick.. Stop sucking on his balls and say exactly what needs to be said. Next time watch out who you poll. I've been polled by regular players before and I've not exactly gone around TK'ing people or not been able to play *properly.* You just don't go around polling whoever you feel like.
View user's profile Find all posts by Flex Send private message Visit poster's website

Wacko
Field's place:
Grid Name: ~*SP*~NErD
GID: NErD@ct/public

rico tks me all the time
in all fairness ed i can see completely were flex is coming from no the colourful title
when i first started tron i was completely drawn to the server by its name and it wasn't until i got a good sense of the game that i even considered playing on other servers. so i think that perhaps a less 'nub attractive' title may be in order even if it only stops a hand full of noobs making good players games less enjoyable.

Maniac
Grid Name: Durka
GID: Durka@ct/public
At nighttime my time, the idiots invade.

Addict
Field's place:
Grid Name:
CT Wild Fort Rank:
mostly americans lol!
some crazy nocternal europeans though Very Happy

Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Clan Admin
CT Rank: 9
Field's place: def-sweep
Grid Name: ctkyle
GID: kyle@ct/jedi
I've always like to play till 04:00GMT. usually because more players that have pings in my range. it always seams a bit more fair.

Anyway there are idiots on any popular server. I have been kicked from CTWF too. The real problem is that there are more beginners every day that try too play one CTWF. There are people that play that don't even know the CT tag stands for crazy-tronners; some don't even know what a clan is. Some don't know how to vote on polls and other cannot talk. when there are 1 of them in the game it is fairly easy to teach that one but now there are a bunch of them all playing. it is hard to teach them all.

when i started playing fortress a little over a year ago i had no clue what to do and hated grinding. But by not grinding a got kicked several times ( i thought i was smarter not to grind). I learned to like grinding and fast eventually learning to power of grinding or how to use that excess speed to break defenses.

Now the weaker player seam to think it is fun to take out the stronger players. they want to decrease the competition level by doing so. maybe it is because they still can't keep all 50 + maps strait in their head
I do not think a private server is the solution. but maybe a secondary server is a solution
benifites for 2nd server
1) less idiots per server
2) less beginners
3) Maybe one with all maps and call it CTWF for Pros (or something) and the other just CTWF with 10-20 maps on it so beginners can at least get used to some maps.
4) maybe have them both be 12 player to reduce slides for Americans
5) it still won't eliminate beginners/idiots but at least make them more distributed
6) it allows more players to be playing

now i have no clue what i wrote heh

In theory it should work in reality who knows if it will work.

MB53: I am 26 years old how can i be a teen ? Very Happy
owned: You got the heart of a teen Smile
Gonzap: and the innocence of a little child
View user's profile Find all posts by kyle Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Mad
Field's place:
Grid Name:
CT Wild Fort Rank:

I like the idea of 'CTWF Pros only' or 'CTWF No beginners' and then name the other server 'CTWF For beginners' or something like that with probably a more clearer name or better sounding name.

Addict
Field's place:
Grid Name:
CT Wild Fort Rank:
can you say mindless rant

Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Clan Admin
CT Rank: 9
Field's place: def-sweep
Grid Name: ctkyle
GID: kyle@ct/jedi
i did dident i Smile

only one thing though some pro's would have to goto the non pro one to at least teach them

In theory it should work in reality who knows if it will work.

MB53: I am 26 years old how can i be a teen ? Very Happy
owned: You got the heart of a teen Smile
Gonzap: and the innocence of a little child
View user's profile Find all posts by kyle Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Wacko
Map Maker (Amount: 1)
Field's place:
Grid Name:
GID: wrtlprnft@ct/public
CT Wild Fort Rank:
Flex wrote:
'CTWF Pros only'
Good idea, make that server to attract the biggest idiots and noobs of tron, as they'll most likely go there.

I hacked 127.42.3.141!