| Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:40 am
There's a very simple alternative.
Assuming you're using Windows, follow these steps.
1. Find the Armagetron folder in the Program Files folder. ( Probably is at C:\\Program Files/Armagetron Advanced )
2. Once in the Armagetron Advanced (or whatever it is called) folder, open the config folder. ( You should now be at C:\\Program Files/Armagetron Advanced/config )
3. Open up Notepad and put these exact words in it:
4. Save the file as nerd.cfg in that same folder ( Armagetron Advanced/config/ )
* Make sure it did not save as nerd.cfg.txt ( it can't be a text file, plain text only )
5. Open up Armagetron and press the ~ key ( or whatever key you set console command for )
7. Your name should change to .:ÄvL:.ÑErÐ ( This will only be needed to do once )
* Note: If you upgrade Armagetron, you will need to move the nerd.cfg file into the new /config/ folder *