Register  |  Home  |  Chat   |  ArmaBrowser  |  HowTo  |  Wiki  |  ServerStats  |  Donate  |  Forum  |  MapTools  |  Servers  |  Log in 
Forums
Information Desk
Latest News
Round Table
Servers
Trainees
Challenge us!
Off Topic

Clan Information
Public Clan Information
Active CTers+Trainees
All CTers+Trainees
Inactive CTers
CTers Earth Map
CT Groups
CT Medals
Armahacktron Wiki
Forum Ranks
Won/Lost Battles

Servers and Maps
ArmaBrowser
BFC New Ladder
CT Server Ladders
CT Mayhem Ladder
CTWF New Ladder
CT Server Maps
Flower Power Sumo Assault
Map Tools
Want to help? Donate

Jumble
HomeForum
CalendarChatMessengerIRC
Forum Members
LinksFAQ
NewsView Online

Search

Advanced Search

User Block
Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Reply to topic
 Nobama Party on CTWF-USA 
Friend
CT Rank: Not a CTer
Field's place:
Grid Name: Nelhybel
GID: Nelhybel@ct/public
CT Wild Fort Rank: na

On the eve of the health care government overhaul vote in the USA...

LOL!

Ex-CTer
Field's place:
Grid Name:
GID: blondie@ct/public
CT Wild Fort Rank:
The haves deny the have-nots an entity in health care the haves would not go without. Truly awful.
View user's profile Find all posts by blondie Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
 Re: Nobama Party on CTWF-USA 
Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Clan Leader
1st rank (Amount: 1) Bowl x2 Winner (Amount: 1) defender, 3rd rank (Amount: 1) Fortress Cafe Tournament 1 Winner (Amount: 1)
Ladle, 10x (Amount: 1) Ladle, 3x (Amount: 1)
CT Rank: 1
Field's place:
Grid Name: CtxWoned
GID: owned@ct/jedi
Nelhybel wrote:

LOL!
LOL It looks like the republicans are gonna lose now. How does that make you feel. Very Happy

Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Clan Admin
Ladle, 1x (Amount: 1) Map Maker (Amount: 1)
CT Rank: 9
Field's place: def-sweep
Grid Name: ct¤kyle
GID: kyle@ct/jedi
owned wrote:
Nelhybel wrote:

LOL!
LOL It looks like the country is gonna lose now. How does that make you feel. Very Happy
Ya it makes me feel bad, I'll always be in debt to the US

In theory it should work in reality who knows if it will work.

MB53: I am 26 years old how can i be a teen ? Very Happy
owned: You got the heart of a teen Smile
Gonzap: and the innocence of a little child
View user's profile Find all posts by kyle Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Clan Leader
1st rank (Amount: 1) Bowl x2 Winner (Amount: 1) defender, 3rd rank (Amount: 1) Fortress Cafe Tournament 1 Winner (Amount: 1)
Field's place:
kyle wrote:
owned wrote:
Nelhybel wrote:

LOL!
LOL It looks like the republicans are gonna lose now. How does that make you feel. Very Happy
Ya it makes me feel great, I love this new system
Look! I can change people's messages in quotes too!

In all seriousness, this bill will reduce costs, and will expand coverage to tens of millions of people. I'm glad that it will pass soon.

Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Clan Admin
owned wrote:
In all seriousness, this bill will reduce costs, and will expand coverage to tens of millions of people.
Those 2 statements contradict one another.

But it will also force people who don't want coverage to have it, and force tax payers to pay for them to have it

View user's profile Find all posts by kyle Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Clan Leader
Field's place:
kyle wrote:
owned wrote:
In all seriousness, this bill will reduce costs, and will expand coverage to tens of millions of people.
Those 2 statements contradict one another.

But it will also force people who don't want coverage to have it, and force tax payers to pay for them to have it
No they don't. Think of it this way. Say you are mining copper. By all the work you are doing, let's say you make 800,000 dollars a year. However, it costs 700,000 a year to mine it. But, if you switch to gold, you could get even more money, but have a lesser mining cost because it is much more efficient to make money that way. By changing the healthcare system, we are making it more efficient, and therefore saving more money, even if we add people onto it.

One of the main components of the health care bill is to introduce a marketplace for businesses and self-employed people to buy insurance. This would cause insurers to lower their prices due to competition. One of the main reasons health care costs are high now is because it is hard to get health insurance from other areas in the country, leading to companies having a monopoly over a certain area. This bill would eliminate that.

Besides, the non-partisan group the CBO has stated that this bill will save 138 billion dollars over 10 and 1.2 trillion dollars over 20 years. The CBO has a legacy of accurate reporting and had always been thought to be fair in the past.

Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Clan Admin
Save people, not the government. It means we would have to pay more taxes to the government to support the cost of their health care business. More and more we just have give the government more money to fuck up with or they will have even more debt.

And maybe it will all work out, but i would not want to trust the government with my medical information. If they though i were a terrorist the could legally kill me, and they would know howto with that kind of information.

Anyway I'll let you have a final commit.

Ex-CTer
Field's place:
Grid Name:
CT Wild Fort Rank:
you're not forced to have health care. You pay a fine if you do not, which is fair because you are extending a greater cost to the system.
View user's profile Find all posts by blondie Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Friend
Field's place:
Grid Name: Nelhybel
GID: Nelhybel@ct/public

Ummm the point of this was for people to laugh!! While I am a Republican, I would have found it entertaining regardless of who the anti-whatever names were pointed at.

you're not forced to have health care. You pay a fine if you do not.

This is a sad loss for the country, as our freedoms are about to be restricted. You're right, we're not forced to! We only have to pay a fine if we don't!...
Same with the census intended to steal people's personal information - you're not forced to answer all the questions! You only pay a fine if you don't!...
Same thing with working hard and making a lot of money - you're forced to pay fines in the form of taxes...
The United States is going down a dark, sad road that is slowly leading us away from freedom. I hope people wake up soon and stop this before it's too late.

As for Kyle's comments: thank you friendly libertarian! Very Happy You're spot on with everything you say!

Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Clan Leader
Field's place:
Nelhybel wrote:

Same with the census intended to steal people's personal information - you're not forced to answer all the questions! You only pay a fine if you don't!...
There's a federal act that makes it illegal for the federal government to use this information for anything other than reporting the total statistics. Everything else is destroyed after this is done.
Same thing with working hard and making a lot of money - you're forced to pay fines in the form of taxes...
We have one of the lowest tax rates in the world among industrialized countries. Besides, stop complaining. If you make under 250,000 dollars a year, you won't see your taxes raise one cent.

Ex-Trainee
Grid Name:
GID: Big_D@ct/public
CT Wild Fort Rank:
It might be good for you owned, taking math tests doesn't usually lead to major injuries. But personally, I would not want to hold off my baseball career for 3 years because I have to wait to have treatment on my arm or other part of my body. Look at the Canadians, they come into the US all the time to get their surgery and treatments.

Ex-CTer
Field's place:
Grid Name:
CT Wild Fort Rank:
Nelhybel wrote:
Ummm the point of this was for people to laugh!! While I am a Republican, I would have found it entertaining regardless of who the anti-whatever names were pointed at.

you're not forced to have health care. You pay a fine if you do not.

This is a sad loss for the country, as our freedoms are about to be restricted. You're right, we're not forced to! We only have to pay a fine if we don't!...

In both cases your harming others by not participating. Freedom is not a license.

Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Clan Leader
Field's place:
Big_D wrote:
It might be good for you owned, taking math tests doesn't usually lead to major injuries. But personally, I would not want to hold off my baseball career for 3 years because I have to wait to have treatment on my arm or other part of my body. Look at the Canadians, they come into the US all the time to get their surgery and treatments.
Are you joking? This bill does nothing to slow down the rate of treatment for hospitals. It seems you are taking a talking point from 11 months ago when single-payer and the public option were in debate, but all of that has been taken out of the bill.

Besides, I do athletics all year round, with soccer, track, and sailing, (I guess this last one might not be included in athletics) so I would probably be even more injury prone than you.

kyle wrote:
Save people, not the government. It means we would have to pay more taxes to the government to support the cost of their health care business. More and more we just have give the government more money to ***PEEP-BO!*** up with or they will have even more debt.
As I said to Nelhybel, your taxes won't go up if you make 250,000 dollars a year. Besides, the top 1% has been getting a disproportionately large amount of the growth of our GDP in the last few decades, and it would be great if the ratio could go back to how it was before.

And maybe it will all work out, but i would not want to trust the government with my medical information. If they though i were a terrorist the could legally kill me, and they would know howto with that kind of information.
Don't they already have enough information on all of us? I doubt that giving the government this would cause much of a difference.

Last edited by owned on Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:28 am; edited 2 times in total

Ex-CTer
Field's place:
Grid Name:
CT Wild Fort Rank:
I've never understood why people are more comfortable with a for-profit cooperation handling their healthcare instead of a transparent government which is held accountable to the people. Medicare and Medicaid also spend about 1 tenth of private ensures on non-medical expenditures, making them a more efficient use of people's money.