Register  |  Home  |  Chat   |  ArmaBrowser  |  HowTo  |  Wiki  |  ServerStats  |  Donate  |  Forum  |  MapTools  |  Servers  |  Log in 
Forums
Information Desk
Latest News
Round Table
Servers
Trainees
Challenge us!
Off Topic

Clan Information
Public Clan Information
Active CTers+Trainees
All CTers+Trainees
Inactive CTers
CTers Earth Map
CT Groups
CT Medals
Armahacktron Wiki
Forum Ranks
Won/Lost Battles

Servers and Maps
ArmaBrowser
BFC New Ladder
CT Server Ladders
CT Mayhem Ladder
CTWF New Ladder
CT Server Maps
Flower Power Sumo Assault
Map Tools
Want to help? Donate

Jumble
HomeForum
CalendarChatMessengerIRC
Forum Members
LinksFAQ
NewsView Online

Search

Advanced Search

User Block
Username:

Password:

Remember me

I forgot my password

Don't have an account yet?
You can register for FREE

Reply to topic

Wacko
CT Rank: Not a CTer
Field's place:
Grid Name: ¦×¦ Infamous
GID: Infamous@ct/public
CT Wild Fort Rank: na

So it's basically, how many kills you get - how many times you get killed x % won...

I think you should use points, instead of coredumps, because that takes into account shooting, and losing -1 when you hit a easywayfornoobstowin-zone... or deathzone or whatever they're called.... as these things are a skill in theirselves aren't they?

Ex-CTer
Field's place:
Grid Name:
GID: Not working
CT Wild Fort Rank:
Okay, I've got a realy problem with the ladder... I did a search for Wargasm and I was in rank 1!

1 ctxwargasm

So I was about to celebrate when I refreshed the ladder and I was in 2nd place under Infamous (still celebrating).

1 |x|_infamous
2 ctxwargasm

Hmm... Okay, so filtering the listing by name does not show proper GLOBAL ranks, only ranks for the filter. That needs to be fixed...

Well, then I did something else, I clicked Go! on the Find Me box without entering any search criteria and (WTF!?) I'm in 6th place?!

1 \\''\\
2 |x|_infamous
3 red
4 |x|_pl4y3r_1
5 sagelord1
6 ctxwargasm

Why is it NOT showing anyone except infamous and myself in the default listing? I'm refering to only the top 6 there, the trend continues... For example, in the top 10 is also ctxx3v1 (shown). But it is not showing powerz, man_of_rome and -|ct|-kilabit-.

The top 10 SHOWN by default is...

1 |x|_infamous 63.44
2 ctxwargasm 32.47
3 ctxx3v1 154 31.51
4 |x|_$_bzero 24.03
5 ct~voodoo 15.78
6 shaik_s._jazz 15.17
7 |x|_w4z3r 14.46
8 ~_x_~ 273 14.06
9 gerard 12.41
10 hyperbyte 12.27

But the actual top 10 NOT SHOWN unless entering an empty "Find Me" is...

1 \\''\\ 72.25
2 |x|_infamous 63.44
3 red 59.50
4 |x|_pl4y3r_1 42.00
5 sagelord1 33.33
6 ctxwargasm 32.47
7 ctxx3v1 31.51
8 powerz 28.93
9 man_of_rome 27.78
10 -|ct|-kilabit- 27.34

I left the ladder sort score in for your reference. So, what's going on? Bug or feature?

Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Clan Admin
Ladle, 1x (Amount: 1) Map Maker (Amount: 1)
CT Rank: 12
Field's place: def-sweep
Grid Name: ct¤kyle
GID: kyle@ct/jedi
also when you sort by the categories when you search, it reverts back to the top 100 list

In theory it should work in reality who knows if it will work.

MB53: I am 26 years old how can i be a teen ? Very Happy
owned: You got the heart of a teen Smile
Gonzap: and the innocence of a little child
View user's profile Find all posts by kyle Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Wacko
Field's place:

wargasm> the players need to play a minimum number of rounds before they appear on the ladder (50 i think). But the search finds all players, with no minimum.

You'll see that \\"\\ hasn't played enough to qualify for the actual ladder.

Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Server Tech
Honorary Member
CT Rank: Not Ranked
Field's place: sweeper
Grid Name: ct-eddie
GID: ed@ct/jedi
What infamous said.

You're right, the page itself could do with some work.
The search facility was just put there to find yourself if you're not in the top 100, or haven't yet played 50 rounds. The fact you can filter by like named players was merely a bonus I left in.
I won't have any time in the next couple of weeks to do anything new to it, but if any CT server tech want to have a play around with it be my guest. Just please back up the original somewhere.
If you do, bear in mind there is also the ladder_dumps table data you might want to include somewhere, the table structure is described up there ^ somewhere.

Ex-CTer
Field's place:
Grid Name:
CT Wild Fort Rank:
I am loving the new stats. Great job. I'm currently #3 overall, #5 %won, #2 coredumps, #2 in points.

How the HELL did |x|_infamous get 62.40 on the ladder! That is some serious skill (#1 overall, #1 %won, #1 core dumps, #1 low suicides, #1 in points). Wow... And that's with more than double the number of rounds played as myself. We must recruit this guy into CT, steal him away from |x|.

Aside from that, the only thing I do not like is that the "Rank" column is simply a counter rather than an actual rank. Can anything be done to show the actual rank when using the Find Me? If they haven't played enough to be ranked, it should say "n/a". Otherwise it should show the actual rank of whatever column you are currently sorting by.

Crazy Tronner
Honorary Member
Donator (Amount: 1)
Field's place: support
Grid Name: CT×X3V1
GID: xevic@ct/jedi
yeah he is playing all the day, he hasn't life Razz Rofl

Wacko
Field's place:

lol thanks wargasm, I don't think I can be stolen Wink

Xevi>I don't play that much really, On Wrtl's "who has played the most" stats thing, i was never much higher than top 50. I just hate losing so much, even in a fun match on ctwf.

Loony
Field's place:
Grid Name:
CT Wild Fort Rank:
lol thats shit with the 'find me' thing. 50 rounds to play to get into the list is perfect (i thought its 100)
look at me. lmao i played so much that i need much more time to get any + points xD
but its better becous its ok if i lose sometimes ingame becous it doesnt change much in the rank list Very Happy
inf is lucky becous everytime we play together in one team Very Happy we allready won more than 10 matches without any loseing round (12-0) Very Happy
but i realy need to change my suicude stats lol i die to much at rim walls Very Happy

Crazy Tronner
Server Tech
Honorary Member
Bowl Winner (Amount: 1) defender, 3rd rank (Amount: 1) Fortress Cafe Tournament 1 Winner (Amount: 1) Map Maker (Amount: 1)
CT Rank: 16
Grid Name: CT~Voodoo
GID: Voodoo@ct/jedi
May be we should use the last n days or the last n results or any kind of combination of this... this way we have the current ladder.
We can store the top xx as well like every week and/or month ...
View user's profile Find all posts by Voodoo Send private message Yahoo Messenger

Crazy Tronner
Honorary Member
Donator (Amount: 1)
Grid Name: CT×X3V1
GID: xevic@ct/jedi
yeah cool ideas 4 improving it, but it depends of ed's time...

Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Clan Admin
CT Rank: 12
Grid Name: ct¤kyle
GID: kyle@ct/jedi
xevic wrote:
yeah cool ideas 4 improving it, but it depends of ed's time...

ed wrote:
I won't have any time in the next couple of weeks to do anything new to it, but if any CT server tech want to have a play around with it be my guest. Just please back up the original somewhere.
If you do, bear in mind there is also the ladder_dumps table data you might want to include somewhere, the table structure is described up there ^ somewhere.
voodoo can edit it if he wants

In theory it should work in reality who knows if it will work.

MB53: I am 26 years old how can i be a teen ? Very Happy
owned: You got the heart of a teen Smile
Gonzap: and the innocence of a little child
View user's profile Find all posts by kyle Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Crazy Tronner
Server Tech
Honorary Member
Grid Name: Armagetron
GID: P4@ct/jedi

do you provide cats or dogs ladder? Smile

ip information
View user's profile Find all posts by P4 Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Wacko
Map Maker (Amount: 1)
Field's place:
Grid Name:
GID: wrtlprnft@ct/public
CT Wild Fort Rank:
I'd prefer removing the 50 rounds limit and adding a log($rounds_played) factor in all the percentage stats…

I hacked 127.42.3.141!

Jedi
Crazy Tronner
Server Tech
Honorary Member
Field's place: sweeper
Grid Name: ct-eddie
GID: ed@ct/jedi
What Voodoo asked for, only show the last n days of activity is fairly simple to do, it's designed for just that. I've been waiting till there's enough data in there to make it worthwhile. I will do this soon.
I'm thinking the last 21 days. Sound ok?
The other things you ask for are all possible, just involve the time to write them. Feel free Wink

What wargasm wants, a rank field that moves as you sort or search. This is possible, but would involve a reshuffle of the way the whole thing works. The ladders page is currently looking at live data, so the "Rank" to assigned as the page is built.
Certainly wont be any time soon by me. I have a few CTFW maps on various scraps of paper I'd like to bring into the world before I spend a great deal more time on the stats. And I wont have time to do them for at least a week.

The rounds limit is currently set to 100 rounds played before you show on the "official" ladder. It was only 50 for the first couple of days.
The trouble with no limit is someone could enter the fortress, have 5 blinding rounds and be straight to the top of the ladder. If they then changed their name they could be at the top of the ladder for 3 weeks (once ^ that work is done).
Keeping your level of play high for 100 rounds or more is the tough part.

Catfight Ladders..hmm.
I'd like to get the ladders working for Mayhem first, I'll need to modify the ladderlog.txt parse script a little to include matches won, as well as rounds - this is most important there, as with Cat. Once it's done for Mayhem, it can be easily used for Cat.