Code taken from your map
Remember bolded items you set.
<Resource type="aamap" name="name" version="0.0.0" author="author" category="fortress">
Paths of where this map must be saved.
Remember bolded items you set in the map.
Remember to use the exact case that you have it in your map.
- Linux - /usr/share/games/armagetronad/resource/included/author/category
- Windows - C:\Program Files\Armagetron Advanced\resource\included\author\category
- Mac OS X - Armagetron Advanced.app/Contents/Resources/resource/included/author/category
What do I need to title it
you simply save it as
for this one it would be
For this you will need to edit settings.cfg
Location of settings.cfg
- Windows - C:\Program Files\Armagetron Advanced\config\settings.cfg
I am unsure on this
- Mac OS X - Armagetron Advanced.app/Contents/config/settings.cfg
- Linux - /usr/share/games/armagetronad/config/settings.cfg
What do i change in settings.cfg
Code taken from settings.cfg starting on line 28 going to 40
#MAP_FILE Your_mom/clever/repeat-0.3.2.aamap.xml # square with obstacles #MAP_FILE Your_mom/clever/inaktek-0.7.2.aamap.xml # octagon with obstacles #ARENA_AXES 8 # set automatically by map to this value #MAP_FILE Luke-Jr/HexaTRON/HexaTRON-0.4.3.aamap.xml # hexagonal flower #ARENA_AXES 6 # set automatically by map to this value #MAP_FILE Anonymous/polygon/regular/40-gon-0.1.1.aamap.xml # almost circular #MAP_FILE Anonymous/polygon/regular/diamond-1.0.2.aamap.xml # like the square, but corners cut off #MAP_FILE Z-Man/fortress/zonetest-0.1.0.aamap.xml # test map for fortress zones #MAP_FILE Z-Man/fortress/for_old_clients-0.1.0.aamap.xml # fortress map compatible with older clients
in this code all you need to add is
Remember all Bold are Set in yuor map file.
Now its time to play Armagetron Advanced locally. If you have saved it wrong or the path you put is incorrect it will tell you.
If your settings or Code is wrong it will also tell you a line number.
If you are Playing your map then You successfully completed this task.