| Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:36 am
WELL, it appears like 17 digits is the maximum for IN-GAME play... I just noticed there is no trailing zero on my last high score, which means I must have had at least 18 digits. Oh well... Guess that's it. That's it for me unless someone can actually figure out how to get scores higher than 17 digits.
To prove I am not full of shit, someone needs to get at least more than 10 digits. Here are some tips...
(1) Make your computer display 800x600 and expand the browser to fill screen, remove nav bars to be able to fit entire play area. (This makes it harder for your mouse to move off of the game area and let your bunny fall short.)
(2) Shut down all your background processes that COULD pop-up on you: Instant messengers, Anti-Virus/Spyware, E-mail, etc. (Nothing like getting your score in the billions and have an alert pop up and ruin it just to say "Updating Virus Definitions". Yes, it happened to me.)
(3) Use Firefox, for some reason I think the Flash plays a little bit slower on it as compared to IE. (Easier to control.)
(4) Use a mouse, duh... Not a trackpad or trackball. (I can't imagine anyone trying to play this with a trackpad).
(5) Start by going one step at a time, whenever possible, get a rhythm going. (Do not go back to get bells you missed, but you might fall back to get a bird you missed. Remember, you can only fall back one level. This has come in handy a few times for me when I missed the higher one and had to fall back on a bell below to stay in play.)
(6) Once you've mastered one step at a time, get a rhythm for skipping every other one, whenever possible. (This gets you to the birds much faster, doubling your score each time. Gets much more points than getting each bell.)
(7) Eventually you will be able to master slingshotting yourself upwards from bell to bell without having to waste time with the downward movement much at all. (Gets you to birds a lot faster, and higher score a lot faster.)
Get rid of all the distractions, TV, kids, wife, phone... Don't answer the door, etc... Focus on this game until you get the score you desire.
And have fun.